Hear from the experts at KPMG LLP on creating compliant processes for handling W-8 Series and W-9 tax requirements
Date: Thursday, May 23, 2019
Time: 10:00 AM PT/1:00 PM ET
CPE Credits: 1 CPE Credit - For more CPE information, click here.
The IRS has stepped up monitoring and auditing of US business’ accounts payable tax compliance to ensure they're meeting IRS regulations. This includes a labyrinth of tax forms and related requirements that affect how you engage with each business supplier outside the United States.
In this webinar, Laurie Hatten-Boyd, Principal at KPMG LLP, will provide an overview of US tax compliance rules as it relates to companies paying their global suppliers. Laurie will explain how new IRS requirements impact organizations with global supplier bases and the legal and financial penalties for non-compliance.
Register now to learn best practices for the W-8 and W-9 tax compliance, including:
- An overview of US tax rules as it relates to paying global suppliers, including new IRS regulations
- Steps your organization can take to avoid legal and financial penalties
- How to ensure your payees select the correct form based on their country and corporate structure
- Determining which payees require tax withholding by treaty
- The basics around end-of-year 1099/1042-S tax reporting